While this plan is rooted in community opinions, it needs to have the flexibility to respond to changing opinions and a changing context. As such, the North Limestone CDC should create ways to provide constant input to what already exists in this document, through the engagement methods already used to create this document, as well as other methods.
What follows is a systematic way to provide one annual update per topic that can be compiled and released as an annual “Cultural Plan Update”, as well as a few specific next steps for certain topics. All of these methods for updating the Cultural Plan should be open to radical changes, as the community sees fit.
Updating the Cultural Plan
Culture & Assets - Update in 2017 by conducting an asset inventory of the North End as discussed in the Recommendations. Annually updated through a community forum and two “radical walks.”
Services - Update in 2017 by completing a study on housing issues in the North End to add to the Cultural Plan, as well as continuing to host community meetings about services that are needed in the neighborhood. Annually updated through Fall 2019 according to the schedule in the previous section.
- Businesses - Update in 2017 by encouraging businesses to reestablish the North Limestone Business Association, making sure to include residents so that the efforts of the NLBA are rooted in what the community needs. Annually updated through recommendations from the NLBA and residents.
- Food Access - Update in 2017 by working with already existing initiatives to create a framework for accomplishing the recommendations outlined in the Cultural Plan. Annually updated through community conversations and dinners.
- Public Space - Update in 2017 by working with residents create a framework, timeline, and system of prioritization for accomplishing recommendations in the Cultural Plan. Annually updated through recorded community conversations with city staff about public space projects.
- Public Art - Update in 2017 by designing and launching the North End Public Art Toolkit, as well as facilitating the creation of a neighborhood public arts board. Annually updated through recorded community conversations.
- Arts & Creativity - Update in 2017 by convening Arts & Cultural organizations in the North End to determine their sets of needs. Annually updated through the creation of a neighborhood arts & culture board, and recorded community conversations.